- 1 What airport do you fly into for Port Canaveral?
- 2 What is there to do near Port Canaveral?
- 3 How far is Amtrak from Port Canaveral?
- 4 How long is the drive from MCO to Port Canaveral?
- 5 How much is a taxi from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral?
- 6 What is the best way to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral?
- 7 What is there to do in Port Canaveral for a day?
- 8 Does Port Canaveral have a beach?
- 9 Is Port Canaveral near Orlando?
- 10 Are Amtrak sleeper cars worth it?
- 11 How long does it take to get off a cruise?
- 12 Does Orlando Airport have shuttles to Port Canaveral?
- 13 How much does it cost to park at Port Canaveral for a cruise?
Located 26 miles south, Melbourne International Airport is the closest commercial airport to Port Canaveral, Florida. The airport is served by Delta Air Lines, which offers nonstop flights to Atlanta, and US Airways, which flies nonstop to Charlotte.
Things to Do Near Port Canaveral
- Kennedy Space Center. Photo by Undercover Tourist.
- Exploration Tower. Photo by Disney Cruise Line Blog.
- Ron Jon Surf Shop. Photo by Trover.
- Beaches. Photo by Trover.
- Brevard Zoo. Photo by Brevard Zoo.
- Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Tour.
- The Dinosaur Store and Museum.
- BK Adventure Kayaking Tours.
The closest is located in Titusville, about 25 miles (33 minutes) from the Port. Amtrak has an Auto Train station in Sanford, Florida, about an hour northwest of Port Canaveral and a stop on the Silver Service line to Orlando, about an hour west of Port Canaveral.
Yes, the driving distance between Orlando Airport (MCO) to Port Canaveral is 48 miles. It takes approximately 53 min to drive from Orlando Airport (MCO) to Port Canaveral. Where can I stay near Port Canaveral? There are 126+ hotels available in Port Canaveral.
Taxis. A one-way trip from the Orlando airport to Port Canaveral by taxi is estimated at $115.
Cruise Line Transfers Perhaps the easiest way to get from the Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral is to book a cruise line transfer if you are arriving the day of your cruise. You can purchase transfers from most cruise lines pre-cruise either online or through a travel agent.
Top 10 Must-Do Attractions in Port Canaveral
- Exploration Tower. Photo By: Melissa Mayntz.
- Skydive Space Center.
- Kennedy Space Center.
- Cocoa Beach Aerial Adventures.
- The Florida Key Lime Pie Company.
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- Ron Jon Surf Shop.
Kick off your flip flops, put your toes in the soft white sand and enjoy the crystal blue waters of over 4 acres of beach at Jetty Park in Port Canaveral. Unlike some other beaches on the Space Coast, Jetty Park has lifeguards are on duty all year round to ensure your safety.
Port Canaveral is located 45 miles east of Orlando, and is one of the country’s fastest-growing and most popular cruise ports. Located on the east coast of central Florida, there’s plenty to do in Port Canaveral, but parking can be very difficult.
Are Amtrak sleeper cars worth it?
Are Amtrak Sleeper Cars Worth It Amtrak sleeper cars are a great way to see the country in a private accommodation. Getting a sleeper car is worth it as you’ ll be getting free meals and bags included. When you add up the cost savings of a hotel in addition to the other benefits, the Amtrak sleeper car is a good value.
How long does it take to get off a cruise?
To disembark all passengers from a cruise ship takes a few hours. From the time your group is called, you can be off the ship in 15 minutes.
Shared shuttles from the Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral run regularly between 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM and will drop you off right at your ship with plenty of time to board.
The rate for onsite Port Canaveral Cruise parking at the port is $17 per vehicle or RV, per day or part day. You will also be charged for your day of arrival and day of departure. By staying further from the port and using a shuttle, you can save up to $96 on cruise parking for a 7-day cruise!